120g brown sugar
120g butter, softened
• 1 tbsp (15ml) butter
• ¼ cup (60ml) sugar
• 8 Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped into rough chunks
• Zest of 1 orange
• 1 tbsp (15ml) fresh ginger, grated
• 400g mixed frozen berries
- Place sugar, flour and butter into a food processor, and blend until the ingredients are just combined.
- Pulse in oats.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add sugar, apple, orange zest and ginger. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until apples are just soft.
- Remove from heat, and stir in frozen berries.
- Spoon mixture into a tart dish, and sprinkle with the crumble.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the crumble is golden.
- Serve hot with custard, cream or ice cream.