• 500g chicken mince
• 1 onion, very finely chopped
• 1 lemongrass stalk, white bit only
• Handful fresh coriander
• 1 tbsp (15ml) garlic and ginger paste
• 3 slices bread, blitzed into breadcrumbs
• 1 tbsp (15ml) fish sauce
• Pinch sugar
• 1 tsp (5ml) sesame oil, optional
• Oil, for frying
• About ¼ cup (60ml) hoisin sauce or plum sauce
• 4 burger rolls, split and toasted
• 1 packet Asian baby leaf salad
• 1 large carrot, shaved into ribbons
• 1 small cucumber, shaved into ribbons
• 3 spring onions, shredded
• Chilli sauce
- Mix patty ingredients together.
- Shape into 4 patties, and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes to firm up.
- Brush patties with oil.
- Heat a heavy-based or griddle pan until smoking.
- Baste patties with hoisin sauce and fry until slightly caramelised and cooked through.
- Halve the rolls, and top the bottom halves with remaining ingredients.
- Top with patties, garnish with shredded spring onions and serve.