• 1½kg pork belly, rind removed
• 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
• ½ cup (125ml) soy sauce
• ½ cup (125ml) dry sherry
• 3 star anise
• 5cm knob ginger, sliced
• 5 garlic cloves, crushed
• ¼ cup (60ml) brown sugar
• 1 bunch spring onions, chopped • 1 red chilli, finely chopped • Large handful coriander, chopped • Juice of 1 lime, plus extra for serving • Salt and milled pepper
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Pop the pork belly into a roasting pan.
- Mix chicken stock, soy sauce, star anise, ginger, garlic and brown sugar together, and pour over pork.
- Cover with foil and braise for 3-4 hours, or until the pork is tender.
- Remove pork from braising liquid.
- Cover pork with a baking sheet and weigh down with cans for about 2 hours. This will press the pork, set the fat and make it easier to slice into neat cubes.
- Cut the pork into neat cubes.
- Cook braising liquid to reduce to a thick sauce.
- Toss pork cubes into sauce to glaze and heat through.
- Combine the salsa ingredients.
- Pop pork onto a serving platter, pierce with a bamboo skewer and top with salsa.
- Serve with fresh lime.