Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 60 min
- garlic & herb spice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch spinach
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 75 g feta cheese
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp white wine
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Mix together wine and vinegar. Add flour, salt and pepper.
- Make well in centre of flour, add olive oil, water, 2 tbsp wine and vinegar mix.
- Knead until dough forms. Add more olive oil if necessary.
- Wrap in clingfilm, allow to rest at room temperature for 2 hrs.
- Fry onion in butter until soft. Add garlic & herb spice, salt and pepper.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Transfer to bowl, add feta.
- Brush filo with olive oil/butter, layer 4 sheets and cut into squares.
- Place squares in muffin tin, fill with spinach filling.
- Bake for 20- 25 min, until golden brown .