• 250g streaky bacon, chopped
• 2 mielies
• 1kg baby potatoes, boiled until tender, cooled
• 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
• Handful parsley, chopped
• Bunch chives, snipped
• Large handful rocket leaves
• ¼ cup (60ml) cup olive oil
• 2 tbsp (30ml) tangy mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp (30ml) full-cream yoghurt
• 1 heaped tbsp (20ml) Dijon mustard
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 fat clove garlic, crushed
• Pinch sugar
• Salt and milled pepper
- Slow fry bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- Braai or griddle mielies to blister. Remove corn from cobs.
- Halve potatoes and toss with corn.
- Mix spring onion, parsley and chives with potatoes and corn.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together, and drizzle over salad.
- Top salad with bacon and rocket, and serve warm or at room temperature.