• 500g mini Italian tomatoes
• 1 red onion, thinly sliced
• 3 cloves garlic, sliced
• 2 tbsp (30ml) capers, rinsed
• 3 tbsp (45ml) olive oil
• Salt and milled pepper
• ½ cup (125ml) white wine
• 2kg cleaned mussels in shells
• Large handful basil leaves
- Toss tomatoes, onion, garlic and olive oil in a large roasting pan.
- Roast in a 200°C oven for about 15-20 minutes, until tomatoes are about to pop.
- Add wine, capers and mussels. Cover with foil and continue to roast for a further 15-20 minutes, until mussel shells have opened.
- Scatter with basil, and serve with crusty bread.