- 110g soft butter
- 100g sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 225g flour
- 25g cocoa
- 200g dark Bourneville chocolate
- 400g full-fat cream cheese
- 250ml sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 30ml cake flour
- 15ml grated orange zest
- 110g caster sugar
- 1 large orange
- 125ml water
- 125ml caster sugar
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg and egg yolk, and beat through.
- Use a wooden spoon and mix in the flour and cocoa.
- Blend into dough.
- Press the pastry into a 23cm springform pan and blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in glass bowl over gentle simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add the eggs, cake flour, orange zest and caster sugar.
- Mix well, and stir in the melted chocolate.
- Pour the filling over the base and bake for 45-60 minutes (filling should just start to set).
- Remove from oven and run a knife around the edge of the tin.
- Leave the cheesecake to cool in the tin.
- Serve with glazed orange peel.
- Thinly peel orange, avoiding the bitter white part.
- Cut the peel into short thin strips.
- Combine sugar, rind and water in a small saucepan.
- Stir over heat until dissolved.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
- Remove rind, drain on baking paper and allow to cool.
The following recipe was created and written by the accredited contestant of The Great South African Bake Off. BBC Worldwide accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of ingredients, method or content.