- 170g Egg Whites
- 120g Castor Sugar
- 120g Egg Yolks
- 80g Banana Puree
- 5ml Lemon Juice
- 120g White Bread Flour
- 40g Milk
- 225g 70% Chocolate
- 60g Unsalted Butter
- 270ml Milk
- 330g Icing sugar
- 45ml Cocoa
- Boiling water
- 250ml Fresh Cream
- 15ml Espresso Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- 150g Desiccated Coconut
- Pre heat oven to 160C
- Whip egg whites while gradually adding castor sugar.
- Whip until firm peaks form, then add yolks in four parts.
- Combine after each addition.
- Add banana (pureed with lemon juice using a stick blender)
- Sift flour in two parts and gently fold in.
- Drizzle milk onto batter and combine with top layer.
- Bake at 160C for 55 minutes or until it makes a soft squeak when pressed.
- Melt chocolate with butter and milk
- When smooth sift icing sugar and cocoa into chocolate.
- Mix until combined and mix in boiling water before dipping.
- Once sponge is cooled slice it in half horizontally.
- Flip spread coffee cream on one layer.
- Sandwich with other half and then cut to desired size.
- To dip use a fork and make sure each piece is coated before rolling in coconut.