- 125g butter, soft
- 250ml sugar
- 500ml cake flour
- 3 large eggs
- 10ml baking powder
- 5ml vanilla extract salt
- 1 pinch salt
- 140ml milk
- 2 large bananas
- 1 large banana
- 1 can caramel treat
- 250ml fresh cream
- 30ml icing sugar
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 50g milk chocolate, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the butter with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the bananas.
- Mash the bananas, and mix into the batter.
- Spoon 30ml of mixture into individual cupcake cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Mash the banana and add to a saucepan with the caramel.
- Stir on medium heat until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla extract to the cream.
- Beat until soft peaks form.
- Add the filling mixture to a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle.
- Push the nozzle into the cupcakes and pipe in the filling.
- Add the topping mixture to a piping bag fitted with a 6mm star nozzle, and pipe onto the top of the cupcakes.
- Garnish with grated chocolate.
This recipe was created and written by the accredited contestant of The Great South African Bake Off. BBC Worldwide accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of ingredients, method or content.