• 3 tbsp (45ml) peanut or coconut oil
• 2-3 Thai chillies, finely chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, sliced
• 500g pork neck steaks, roughly chopped to resemble a chunky mince
• 3 cups (750ml) fresh basil leaves
• ¼ cup (60ml) fish sauce
• 2 tbsp (30ml) sweet Indonesian soy sauce
• Juice of 1 lime, plus extra lime wedges for serving
• 2-4 eggs, optional
- Heat 2 tbsp (30ml) oil in a large wok over a high heat, and stir-fry chilli and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Watch it doesn’t burn.
- Add pork, and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce, lime and sugar. Cook for 1 minute – by this stage the pork should be cooked through.
- Stir through the basil, and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, fry the eggs.
- Serve on jasmine rice, topped with a fried egg and lime wedges.