- 2 cups Cake Wheat Flour
- 3tbsp Corn Flour
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 2tsp Baking Soda
- 1tsp Salt
- 4ea. Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Sunflower Oil
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1tsp White Vinegar
- 1tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4tsp Colour Gel (Purple)
- 3 cups Desiccated Coconut
- 3tbsp Water
- 3 drops Colour Gel (Purple)
- 2 cups Frozen blueberries
- 2 tsp Corn Flour
- 2/3 cups
- Caster Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease two 20cmx20cm square cake tins, line with baking paper.
- Sieve together all dry ingredients except castor sugar, set aside.
- Whisk eggs and sugar till pale.
- Whisk in oil and vanilla into egg mixture.
- Add half the flour mixture and mix.
- Add buttermilk, vinegar and purple colour gel and mix.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and mix.
- Place the cake mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Purple Dessicated Coconut:
- In a jar, add water and colour gel. Shake well.
- Add coconut and shake well.
- Line a try with paper towel and place the coconut on top.
- Let the coconut dry.
White Chocolate Sauce:
- In a double boiler, add chocolate and cream.
- Mix until well blended.
- Leave to cool.
- Cook all the ingredients on medium heat.
- Use a hand held blender to blend the mixture.
- Let it to cool.
- Cut the cakes into triangles.
- Brush the blueberry sauce on the surface of the triangles.
- Dip the triangle into the white chocolate sauce.
- Cover the triangle with coconut.