Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 60 min
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 med onions
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp garlic & ginger paste
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp koljana (coriander powder)
- 1 tsp jeera (cumin powder)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 500 g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 cup tomato purée
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt (not Bulgarian)
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 500 ml water
- 2 tbsp fish oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 pkt brown onion soup
- 1 pkt yeast
- Cut chicken into bite-size cubes and sauté in 125 g butter, until chicken well coated and browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining butter to pan and brown onions, until opaque. Add crushed garlic and garlic & ginger paste.
- Return chicken to pan and add all dry spices, except garam masala. Cook 5-10 min.
- Add yoghurt and simmer 5 min on low heat.
- Add tomato paste and tomato purée. Cook 5 min.
- Add salt, sugar, garam masala and fresh cream.
- Combine water, fish oil and sugar.
- Into mixing bowl, add flour, soup and yeast.
- Add fish oil mixture and stir well with wooden spoon.