- 400g bread flour
- 100g semolina
- 1tsp salt
- 15g yeast
- 1tbsp caster sugar/honey
- 300ml water
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 cup shaved butternut
- ½ cup feta
- 2tbsp sage
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup rocket
- Mix flour, semolina and salt, and make a well in the centre.
- Mix yeast, sugar to water, and leave to foam.
- Add wet yeast mix to dry flour mix. Combine.
- Knead for 10 minutes, until smooth.
- Place in oiled bowl to prove for 30 minutes.
- When doubled in size, place on an oiled baking tray and press to cover the tray.
- Make indents, and sprinkle with butternut, feta and pine nuts.
- Drizzle the burnt butter over the top. Cover with cling warp and leave to prove for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 220°C for 20 minutes.
- When slightly cool, sprinkle with rocket.
- Quickly blanch the butternut in boiling water, and drain.
- Place the butter in a frying pan on heat. It will first bubble, and then it will start to burn.
- As soon as you see light caramel flecks starting to form, add in the chopped sage. Toast.
- Remove from the heat.
The following recipe was created and written by the accredited contestant of The Great South African Bake Off. BBC Worldwide accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of ingredients, method or content.