• Glug olive oil
• 400g calamari tubes or rings
• Salt and milled pepper
• ½ link chorizo, sliced
• 1 packet (350g) small cherry tomatoes
• 1 tsp (5ml) ground cumin
• Pinch dried chilli flakes
• Juice of 1 small lemon
• Handful fresh basil or parsley
• Baguette and mayo, to serve
- Heat a glug of oil in a pan over a high heat.
- Fry seasoned calamari in batches, until just cooked (about a minute). Remove from pan.
- Add another glug of oil and fry chorizo.
- Add tomatoes, cumin and chilli flakes, and fry for about 4-5 minutes.
- Return calamari to pan. Season and add lemon juice. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pile onto fresh, crusty baguette with lettuce and a squeeze of mayo.