Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 40 min
- 2 bundles fresh asparagus
- 250 g streaky bacon
- 1 pkt cherry tomatoes, halved
- 125 g butter
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- pinch salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- dried tomatoes, chopped
- 15 ml mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g brown mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g chickpeas
- Rinse and tail asparagus.
- Pour boiling water into medium pot and blanche asparagus for 1 min. Remove and place in bowl of cold water.
- Preheat oven on grill.
- Divide asparagus into 3 bundles, then wrap each bundle with piece of streaky bacon.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil, sauté bundles for 2 min on all sides. Set aside.
- Place bundles on greased oven tray and grill for 5-8 min, or until bacon is crispy.
- Heat olive oil in pan. Add chickpeas, mushrooms and mixed herbs. Allow to cook until brown. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add cherry tomatoes, parsley, dried tomatoes and olive oil. Mix until evenly combined.
- To plate, place a layer of chickpeas and mushrooms, assemble a bundle of asparagus on top.
- Add tomato mixture onto asparagus and garnish with micro greens.