Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 70 min
- 1 large lamb rack, with 8 ribs
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 15g fresh thyme, chopped
- 15g fresh parsley, chopped
- 15g fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 250ml breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 500g orange sweet potato, chopped
- 1/4 tin black beans
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 125ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch baby beetroots
- 1 bunch baby fennel bulbs
- 170g asparagus
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add sweet potatoes, cook until slightly softened.
- Remove extra fat from lamb rack and season with salt and pepper.
- Over a medium heat, pour oil into a grilling/frying pan. When oil is hot, sear the seasoned lamb rack until brown on each side. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix all fresh herbs, mustard, seeds, breadcrumbs, oil and lemon juice until evenly combined. Coat the lamb rack evenly until it is covered with the crust mixture.
- Place lamb rack on a roasting tray and cook for 20-25 min.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 min.
- In a saucepan on a medium heat, sauté onion until brown. Add black beans and sweet potato and stir. Allow to cook for 2 min. Set aside. Add parmesan cheese.
- Blanche asparagus and fennel bulbs in boiling water for 1 min, then remove from saucepan and place in a bowl of cold water until cool. Remove and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook beetroots in the same water until just softened (about 20 min) and remove from the heat. Allow to cool. Peel the beetroot once cooled.
- In a small saucepan, over a medium heat, add balsamic vinegar and sugar, stir until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, add peeled beetroots into the balsamic mixture and coat evenly.
- To serve, arrange the vegetables as the first layer, then the sweet potatoes, top with the rack of lamb.
- Serve with desired sauce.