Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 60 min
- 16 medium calamari tubes
- 1 cup cous cous
- 4 sundried tomatoes, oil marinated
- 6 tbsp Danish feta cheese
- 3 limes
- 3 handfuls baby Swiss chard
- 1 cup brown mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
- 1 punnet asparagus spears
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fennel, chopped
- smoked paprika
- coriander spice
- sea salt
- Soak uncooked cous cous in boiling water. Water should reach top of cous cous and no further. Cover with lid or plastic until water is absorbed.
- Heat saucepan until really hot. Add 1 tbsp butter, sauté onions and mushrooms until soft.
- Squeeze juice of 1 lime into pan and stir. Add cous cous, herbs and spice, to taste. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tbsp butter, add spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and feta. Sauté on high heat until spinach has wilted. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan on high heat, sauté asparagus until slightly charred. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Stuff calamari with cous cous mixture, using a toothpick to seal end of calamari closed.
- Fry calamari with remaining butter, until golden. Season.
- Make sure pan is on high heat, cut limes into portions and cook until browned. Set on the plates.
- Plate by starting with the asparagus, then the spinach and then the calamari. Squeeze a little lime juice on top before serving.