Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 30 min
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 10 balls mini bocconcini cheese
- 1/2 cup broken ricotta
- handful fresh basil
- 10 yellow and red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped peppadews
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp basil pesto
- 2 tbsp butter
- sea salt
- balsamic reduction sauce
- Slice the bread into slices about a finger thick.
- Melt the butter in a pan on high heat, the place the slices of bread in it. Turn them once they toast and are browned and crispy.
- Remove toast from the pan and add olive oil, garlic and halved tomatoes. Work quickly on high heat.
- Add peppadews, sun-dried tomatoes and basil pesto.
- Remove from heat and add basil leaves. Toss and season with a little salt.
- Break mozzarella balls into smaller pieces and place them on the toast. Add ricotta on top.
- Carefully spoon tomato and basil mixture on top of the cheese.
- Crack more sea salt on top and then drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Serve immediately.