Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 60 min
- 1 roll ready to bake puff pastry
- 6 rashers thick cut smoked bacon
- 6 stalks asparagus, sliced
- 150g gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 500ml cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- On a floured surface, roll pastry to ± 3mm thick and drape over greased 23cm tart tin.
- Press down to shape, prick base with fork and blind bake for 15 min.
- Remove baking beans/rice, bake for a further 5 min. Remove.
- Fry bacon over medium heat in non-stick pan, until cooked and the fat has gone crispy.
- Add sliced asparagus, cook for a further 2 min, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cream and nutritional yeast, then season with salt and pepper.
- Spread bacon and asparagus mix evenly across base of tart shell, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Carefully pour over bacon and cheese mixture. Bake tart for 25 min.
- Lower temperature to 160 C, bake for a further 10-15 min, until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from tin.
- Slice and serve warm, garnished with a leafy green side salad.