Serves: 4-6 people
Preparation time: 45 min
- 2 cups cous cous
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 discs feta cheese
- 10ml olive oil
- Aromat seasoning, to taste
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 5 ml lemon juice
- 4 beef sirloin steaks
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 g brown onion seasoning
- 5 g paprika
- salt & pepper
- 15 ml olive oil
- 20 ml basil pesto
- 2 sweet palermo peppers
- 100 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- Place cous cous and boiling water in bowl, then cover with lid/cling wrap and let it absorb water.
- In a pan, sauté vegetables, season with Aromat.
- With a fork, separate cous cous and pour over veg.
- Crumble feta over savoury cous cous, add fresh coriander and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Pound steaks until flat but not too thin.
- Season with salt, pepper, brown onion, paprika, garlic.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for minimum 2 hrs.
- Cut peppers open on one end, stuff with mozzarella. Cut into halves.
- Spread thin layer of pesto on steak, then carefully place stuffed pepper over steak.
- Cover pepper sides with steak, then carefully roll steak, securing sides as you roll.
- Repeat with all steaks.
- Preheat oven to 220 C.
- Heat oil in non stick pan and brown steaks for ± 2 min each side. Rest then slice.
- Place slices over savoury cous cous. Bake for 4 min.
- Pour over your favourite sauce and serve.