- 175g Self-Raising Flour
- 140g Soft Dark Brown Sugar
- 5ml Bicarb Of Soda
- 85g Butter (Room Temp)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 ea. Chai Tea Bag
- 175ml Boiling Water
- 2ea. Eggs
- 30 ml Honey
- 100ml Full Cream Milk
- 125g Chopped Pecan Nuts
- 225g Medjool Dates
- 8 eggs, XL
- 120grams Brown Sugar
- 120gram Butter
- 120ml Cream
- 125ml Full Cream Milk
- 125ml Cream
- 1ea. Vanilla Pod
- 3ea. Egg Yolks
- 45ml Sugar
- 125g Shelled Pecans
- 50g Sugar
- 15g Butter
Date and Nut Pudding:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and flour 4 mini Bundt tins.
- Steep teabag in boiling water, then add to chopped dates
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, remove the teabag and mash the dates.
- Combine the flour, bicarb of soda and salt with a whisk
- Beat the butter and sugar till smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the honey and then pour in milk.
- Add the date mixture, then fold in flour
- Fold in the flour and scatter in the chopped pecans
- Bake for 12-15 mins
- Melt butter and sugar
- Stir until mixture thickens.
- Add the cream while stirring quickly and continue cooking until the sauce thickens a little again. Decant into mini serving jug
- Combine milk and cream in medium saucepan.
- Scrape in seeds from vanilla pod and add to saucepan with pod.
- Bring milk mixture to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar together.
- Gradually whisk hot milk mixture into yolk mixture.
- Return to heat and stir until thickens
- Strain sauce into bowl. Decant into mini serving jug and chill.
- Heat pecans, sugar and butter.
- Stir frequently to prevent burning. About 5 minutes.
- Stir constantly until sugar melts and nuts are coated.
- Transfer immediately onto a sheet of baking paper and separate the nuts right away.
- Brush toffee sauce onto plate in one stroke
- Place pudding on one end
- Dot with crème anglaise and sprinkle with crushed candied pecans
- Serve with extra little jugs of toffee sauce and crème anglaise.