• 2 cups (500ml) stoneground (unrefined) cake flour
• Water, as needed
• Butter or ghee, to serve
- Mix flour with a little water, and knead to create stiff, smooth dough.
- Tear off small pieces and shape to create small ‘golf’ balls.
- Flatten slightly, and roll to create discs about the size of a saucer.
- Place a chapatti in a hot, dry pan. After 1-2 minutes, when the edges begin to curl slightly, turn to cook the other side. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, then pass through a gas flame (if you have one) so that it blisters and puffs up. Repeat until all the chapattis are cooked.
- Serve hot with a dollop of butter or ghee.