• 3 tbsp (45ml) olive oil
• 2 large red onions, sliced
• Few sprigs fresh thyme
• 1 roll puff pastry, thawed
• 1 cup (120g) mature cheddar cheese, finely grated
• Salt and milled pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, and gently fry onions and thyme until soft and beginning to brown (5-6 minutes). Cool.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface. Trim pastry into a neat rectangular shape. Lift onto a lightly greased or lined baking sheet. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the surface of the pastry, leaving the trimmed border free.
- Top with fried onion.
- Season with milled pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is cooked and golden.