- 175g plain flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 110g cold butter, cubed
- 30g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1tbsp cold water
- 500g cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 200g caster sugar
- 250g almond butter
- 125ml sour cream
- 250ml sour cream
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- 30g brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Lightly spray the base and sides of a 23cm springform pan.
- Place the flour, butter, ground almonds and icing sugar into a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and water, and process until it forms a lump.
- Tip the mixture onto a lightly floured surface, and knead very gently.
- Roll out pastry to fit base and ¾ up the sides of the baking pan. Avoid stretching the pastry.
- Dock the base and place directly into freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and cover with baking paper.
- Blind bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove beans and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Process cream cheese, eggs, egg yolks, sugar, sour cream and almond butter until smooth.
- Pour filling over the cooled base.
- Place in the oven and cook for 50-60 minutes (the top should feel set and dry).
- Remove cheesecake from oven.
- Warm sour cream, chocolate chips and brown sugar in saucepan over a low heat. Whisk to blend in the chocolate as it melts.
- Once the mixture is melted and well combined, remove from the heat.
- Gently spoon and spread the topping over the top of the cheesecake.
- Place cheesecake back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool in tin.
- When cooled, remove from tin and refrigerate.
The following recipe was created and written by the accredited contestant of The Great South African Bake Off. BBC Worldwide accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of ingredients, method or content.