- 1 1/3 cups Flour
- 3tbsp. Cocoa
- ½ cup Icing sugar
- 1pinch Salt
- 2/3 cup Cold butter
- 1ea. Egg
- 1 ½ cup Castor Sugar
- 1/3 cup Water
- ¾ cup Butter (Cubed)
- 1 cup Cream
- 1½ tsp. Flake Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Essence
- 2½ cups
- Macadamia, Roasted
- 150g 70% Dark Chocolate
- 150ml Cream
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Place flour, salt, sugar and cocoa in a food processor.
- Pulse a few times to combine
- Add butter and pulse until it looks like coarse breadcrumbs
- Add egg and pulse until large crumbs form
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and bring together.
- Form disc, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge to rest for 20 mins
- Roll out dough to about 3-5mm thickness and line pie tin
- Push pastry into the corners and fluted edges
- Trim off excess
- Cover with cling film and place in freezer for 30 min to firm up.
- Dock the pastry with a fork,
- Bake blind for 20min, then remove beans and bake a further 10 min
Salted Caramel Filling:
- Dissolve sugar and water over low heat.
- Increase to medium heat and cook until it turns light golden colour
- Remove from heat and add the cream and mix.
- Add butter one cube at a time then add salt, vanilla and nuts
- Place in cooked tart shell.
- Chill until set
- Warm cream on medium heat. Do not boil.
- Pour over chocolate and slowly mix to combine.
- Pour Ganache over caramel layer
- Leave to set in fridge.