- 1 cup caster sugar
- 125g melted butter
- ½tsp pineapple essence
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup grated pineapple
- ½ cup grated pineapple
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- 1 can coconut cream, chilled
- ½ cups shaved fresh coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix the sugar and butter together.
- Add the pineapple essence and eggs, and mix.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Mix in the grated pineapple.
- Spoon the batter into cupcake cases.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Make syrup out of the pineapple, water and sugar.
- Whip the coconut cream together with the icing sugar.
- Pipe the icing onto cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate with umbrellas and pineapple, and serve.
This recipe was created and written by the accredited contestant of The Great South African Bake Off. BBC Worldwide accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of ingredients, method or content.