• 125g butter
• 2 eggs
• 40ml xylitol
• 150ml coconut flour
• 2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
• 4 eggs
• 250g full-fat cream cheese
• 1tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
• 4 tsp (20ml) xylitol
• 250ml (1 cup) cream
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 250g mixed fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Line 6 small 7cm loose-bottom cake tins (or one 20cm round or square cake tin) with baking paper, and grease with melted butter.
- Melt butter, and allow to cool for 4-5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, cooled butter and xylitol together.
- Sieve coconut flour and baking powder together in a small bowl. Stir into the egg mixture until a workable pastry forms. Allow to chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Mix filling ingredients together with an electric beater. Do not over mix. Set aside.
- Press the dough into prepared baking tin(s) to cover the bottom and sides. Don’t worry if the pastry breaks or crumbles a little – just press it together with your fingers.
- Pour the filling in the prepared pastry case(s).
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Serve piled high with berries.