Serves: 6 people
Preparation time: 30 min
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanila extract
- 1 vanila pod
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 punnet seasonal berries
- Preheat oven to 150 C.
- Whisk together egg yolks, white sugar and vanilla extract.
- Pour cream into saucepan and heat until hot.
- Add egg yolk mixture to cream and combine.
- Remove from heat and pour into double boiler.
- Stir over simmering water, ± 3 min, until mixture lightly coats back of spoon.
- Remove from heat and pour into 6 ramekins.
- Pour hot water into deep oven tray. Carefully place ramekins into tray, making sure the water level is below lip of ramekins.
- Bake at 150 C for around 25 min.
- Remove when set. Allow to cool at room temperature.
- To serve: Sprinkle tops with brown sugar and blow torch to form crust. Garnish with seasonal berries.