• ½ cup (125ml) castor sugar
• ½ cup (125ml) butter, softened
• 1 egg
• 2 cups (300g) flour
• ½ tsp (2½ml) vanilla extract
• Milk, as needed
• 14 almonds
• Red food colouring, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Pulse castor sugar, butter, egg, flour and vanilla in a food processor until it begins to get sticky.
- Add milk, a dash at a time, so that the mixture combines to form a ball of dough.
- Divide dough into 14 small walnut-sized balls, and roll balls into logs that resem-ble fingers.
- Place fingers on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Using a small, sharp knife, cut incisions that resemble knuckles into the dough.
- Arrange an almond to resemble a nail at the tip of each finger.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, and then cool.
- Paint the end of each finger with red food colouring to resemble blood.