Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 60 min
- 1 tin cherries and syrup
- 150 ml brandy
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 400 g castor sugar
- 500 ml full cream milk
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- In saucepan, heat cherries and syrup.
- Add brandy, allow alcohol to burn off.
- Separate cherries from syrup. Set aside.
- Mix together eggs, castor sugar and milk.
- Cut open vanilla pod and scrape out seeds. Add pod and seeds to milk mixture.
- Cook over low heat, until slightly thick. Remove from heat, allow to cool in fridge.
- When cool, remove vanilla pods, stir in brandy cherries and double cream.
- Transfer to ice cream machine and churn.
- Just before serving, pour cherry syrup into ice cream machine and allow to marble.