Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 60 min + few hrs for marinating
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp harissa
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp buttermilk / yoghurt
- 8 chicken thighs
- 3 red onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g pomegranate rubies
- Mix together garlic, harissa, fresh coriander, lemon zest, lemon juice and buttermilk.
- Add chicken and leave to marinate for a few hours.
- When ready to cook, toss quartered onions in oil, in roasting dish.
- Add chicken pieces and season.
- Roast 180 C for 50 min.
- To serve, scatter pomegranate rubies and coriander over the top.
- Cous cous: Add boiling chicken stock to bowl of cous cous. When cooked, fluff with fork. Scatter over flaked almonds and drizzle with olive oil.
- Baby carrots: Boil and serve with dash of honey.
- Broccoli: Boil and serve drizzled with lemon butter.