- 480g Cake flour (sifted)
- 3g Fennel seeds
- 7ml Salt
- 50g Sugar
- 10g Instant dry yeast
- 30ml Sunflower oil
- 60ml Melted Butter
- 1ea. Beaten egg
- 375ml Warm milk
- 1ea. Egg (beaten)
- 15ml Sesame seeds
- 15ml Poppy Seeds
- 60g Melted Butter
- 100g Soften Butter
- Pour oil, butter, egg and milk into a jug and beat well.
- Combine flour, fennel seeds, and sugar, salt and mix well.
- Sprinkle yeast over the flour mixture
- Mix in gently lifting hands to incorporate air into mixture.
- Make a well in centre of flour mix, add lukewarm liquid mixture into well.
- Mix into a soft pliable dough. (Do not add more flour)
- Knead dough well for 15 – 20 minutes with the palms of your hands.
- Dough is ready when it lifts completely off bench without sticking.
- Place in an oiled bowl and cover with oiled cling wrap
- Leave to double in size in a warm area for an hour.
- Divide dough into two and form a long sausage with dough, cut into 7 equal size balls.
- Shape into round rolls and transfer to prepared 24cm round cake tin by placing one ball in the centre and the rest around it in the shape of a daisy.
- Continue with the rest of the dough.
- Cover and leave to prove for another 20 min.
- Then brush with egg and sprinkle seeds.
- Bake at 180C for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and done
- Brush with melted butter.