• 4 fresh basil leaves
• ¼ cup (60ml) gin
• ¼ cup (60ml) simple syrup
• Lime juice
• 2 cucumber ribbons, plus a couple of slices
• ¾ cup crushed ice
• ½ cup (125ml) bubbly (or a splash more, if you dare)
• Extra basil leaves and pomegranate rubies, to garnish
- Combine the basil, gin, simple syrup, lime juice and ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake the container until the outside is ice cold.
- Place the cucumber and crushed ice in a large glass, and strain in the cocktail mixture.
- Top up with the bubbly.
- Garnish with the basil leaves and pomegranate rubies.