• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tbsp (15ml) ground cumin
• Handful fresh oregano
• Salt and milled pepper
• Juice of 2 lemons
• Splash olive oil
• 12 thick-cut lamb chops
• 12 bay leaves
- Grind garlic, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper together in a mortar and pestle.
- Stir in lemon juice, and a splash of oil.
- Rub over chops, and marinate for 1-4 hours.
- Thread chops and bay leaves onto skewers.
- Starting fat-side down, braai over medium coals, until cooked to preference.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a Greek salad.