Serves: 8 people
Preparation time: 1-2 hrs
- 1 punnet mushrooms, quartered
- 1 punnet courgettes, sliced
- 1 butternut, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, blanched, peeled, puréed
- 2 green peppers
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 125 ml red wine
- 1 sachet tomato paste
- garlic to taste
- First sauté, onions, carrots and celery.
- Add tomato purée, tomato paste, garlic and wine.
- Add vegetables one by one, starting with those that take longer to cook.
- Cook until all vegetables are soft.
- Use in lasagne, layered with béchamel sauce and lasagne sheets.
- Top with grated cheese and bake.
- You can substitute grated vegan cheese.
- You can use soya milk in the béchamel sauce and flavour with garlic powder, onion powder. Add pureed tofu to help thicken the texture and flavour.