Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 2 hrs
- 200 g castor sugar
- 200 g almond flour
- 150 ml aquafaba, divided in 2
- 200 g icing sugar
- 50 ml water
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Reduce the aquafaba to 150 ml in a pot.
- Sift almond flour, icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl.
- Mix in 75 ml aquafaba to make a paste.
- Boil water and sugar in a pot to 110 C.
- Whisk the remaining 75 ml aquafaba in a bowl.
- When sugar syrup is 117 C, pour along side of the bowl as you whisk the aquafaba.
- Turn up speed and whisk for about 10 min, until cool.
- By hand, mix the almond paste in with the meringue mix.
- Pipe onto parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Allow to stand for 1 hr then bake at 120 C for 30 min, rotating halfway through to allow for even baking.
- Allow to cool before removing from parchment paper.