Serves: 6 people
Preparation time: 15 min
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 100 ml olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cacao powder, to decorate
- 1 pkt frozen berries
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Melt chocolate in microwave then stir in olive oil. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together egg yolks, sugar and salt, until thick and pale yellow.
- Slowly add chocolate and vanilla extract. Fold in.
- Beat egg yolks until stiff. Gently fold into mixture.
- Pour mixture into ramekin and sift over some cacao powder.
- Place in fridge until set.
- Place berries, lemon juice and sugar into pot. Cook gently until berries break down and sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, transfer to container and refrigerate.
- Every so often, scrape granita mixture with fork, until icy crystals form.