Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 90 min
- 12-16 figs
- 3 whole camembert cheeses
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Simmer balsamic and sugar in a saucepan, until sugar dissolved.
- Bring sauce to a boil and then reduce heat. Allow to simmer for 20 min.
- Once sauce coats the back of a spoon, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Slice camembert into triangles and set aside for serving later.
- Slice tops off figs, then slice through the top in a cross, but not all the way through. Set aside for serving later.
- 10 min before serving, place camembert triangles into fig cuts and put into oven, allowing cheese to melt.
- Remove from oven and dress with prosciutto and balsamic reduction.