Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 40 min
- 2 bundles fresh asparagus
- 250g parma ham / (V) 1 aubergine
- 1 pkt rosa tomatoes
- 125g butter / (V) 30g margarine
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- pinch salt and pepper
- pinch oreganum
- small pkt sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Wash, rinse and tail the fresh asparagus.
- Blanche in boiling water for 2 min. Remove and place into ice water.
- Arrange asparagus into 4 dainty bundles and wrap each with a slice of parma ham (secure with a toothpick). / (V) Thinly slice aubergine along its length (to resemble a lasagna sheet) using the thin setting on a slicer or grater. Lay slices in hot water for 2-3 min to soften. Wrap each asparagus bundle with an aubergine slice (secure with a toothpick).
- Place asparagus bundles on greased oven tray, brush with olive oil and set aside.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, add rosa tomatoes and caramelise to desired colour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place asparagus bundles under a preheated grill until they start caramelising. / (V) Place vegan bundles on the same baking tray in a foil basket, separate from the rest.
- Note: Be sure to keep an eye on the grilling process, as bundles can quickly burn.
- Melt butter / (V) margarine, add juice of 1/2 lemon, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Assemble a bundle of asparagus and some tomatoes on a plate, drizzle with lemon butter, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.