Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 45 min
- 1 medium tin crushed pineapples
- 2 large carrots
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 1 pkt lemon/pineapple jelly powder
- fresh mint, finely chopped
- 125 ml condensed milk
- 1 tsp agar agar powder (V)
- 1 artificial sweetener (V)
- 50 ml coconut cream (V)
- Drain the crushed pineapple and add to bowl.
- Finely grate carrots and add to bowl.
- Make up jelly as per instructions but remove 250ml from the cold liquids.
- Add jelly mix to the bowl, then condensed milk, fresh cream and mint.
- Dissolve 1/4 tsp agar agar powder in 1 tbsp hot water, set aside for 5 min.
- Transfer agar agar mix to a small saucepan and bring to boil. Keep boiling for 1 min to activate the agar agar.
- Pour into a separate (V) mixture and mix well, then add coconut cream and mix.
- Scoop mixture into moulds or dessert glasses and place in fridge to set. Allow at least 4 hrs to set firmly.
- Decorate with mint leaves on the side, then serve.