Serves: 8 people
Preparation time: 3 days
- 2 l vanilla ice cream
- 200 g coconut biscuits
- 250 ml silvered almonds
- 250 ml butter
- 125 g icing sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tots Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 250 g dark chocolate
- Crumble biscuits, mix with almonds and spread evenly on lightly greased baking tray. Bake at 180 C.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla essence and Kahlua.
- Melt chocolate. Cool slightly then add to mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture.
- Pour 1/2 chocolate mixture over biscuits and press down well.
- Spoon ice cream in and smooth over.
- Top with remaining biscuits and chocolate. Freeze overnight in metal cake tin.
- If using store bought ice cream, make the dessert the day before serving.
- If using home-made ice cream, it must set for 3 days before serving.