• 1 packet (200g) Tennis biscuits
• 100g melted butter
• 2 cans (387g each) condensed milk
• ½ cup (125ml) lemon juice and zest of 2 lemons
• 4 egg yolks
• 4 egg whites
• ¾ cup (150g) castor sugar
• 2 tsp (10ml) cornflour
- Preheat oven to 180°C, and grease a tart pan.
- Blitz the Tennis biscuits and butter together until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Cover base and sides of tart pan with crumble, and press down to compress. Pop into the freezer to harden.
- Mix lemon juice, lemon zest, condensed milk and egg yolks together. Pour mixture over cooled crust.
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes, or until set.
- Whisk egg whites, until stiff peaks form. Slowly add castor sugar, a couple of spoons at a time and whisking continuously, until stiff and shiny.
- Remove pie from oven, and sift over cornflour.
- Spoon meringue over the surface of the curd, and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Turn the oven off, open the oven door slightly and allow the pie to cool down before re-moving.