Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 90 min
- 15 prawns
- 8 rice wrappers
- 1 carrot, julienned
- handful bean sprouts
- 1 1/3 fresh Thai basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 lettuce leaves, chopped
- 150 g peanuts, chopped
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 4-5 tbsp water
- Bring medium saucepan of water to boil. Boil rice vermicelli 3-5 min, or until al dente, and drain.
- Fill large bowl with warm water. Dip 1 wrapper into water for 1 sec to soften. Lay wrapper flat.
- In row across centre, place 2 shrimp halves, a handful vermicelli, basil, mint, cilantro and lettuce. Leave ± 5cm uncovered on each side.
- Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In small bowl, mix fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and chilli sauce.
- In separate small bowl, mix hoisin sauce and peanuts.
- Add more olive oil if needed and put in chicken mince covered in oyster sauce.
- Serve rolled spring rolls with fish sauce and hoisin sauce mixtures.