Serves: 4-6 people
Preparation time: 2 hrs (includes marinating)
- 341 g chicken breast
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
salt, to taste
1 red chilli
- 5 ml chilli powder
- 5 ml ground ginger
- 1 lime, zested
- 12 chicken wings
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 1/2 tbsp clear honey
- lime and fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
- Create marinade: Stir together chicken stock, coconut milk, garlic, curry powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in marinade and refrigerate for at least 2 hrs.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 min, pat dry.
- Remove chicken from marinade and cut into 1 cm strips/blocks.
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Set aside
- Note: Flash grill chicken skewers before serving.
- Into saucepan, add peanut butter, curry powder and sugar.
- Simmer on gentle heat 5 min, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
Remove from heat, stir in lime juice, soy sauce and salt, to taste.
Mix together fresh chilli, chilli powder, ground ginger and lime zest.
- Rub mixture onto skin of chicken wings. Set aside 2 hrs, to infuse flavours.
- Add oil to wok and heat. Add half the wings and stir fry 10 min. Turn regularly until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining wings.
- Add coriander to wok and stir fry 30 sec. Add wings to wok and stir fry ±1 min.
- Add honey and soy sauce, stir-fry ±1 min.
- Serve hot, drizzled with sauce.