Serves: 5 people
Preparation time: 45 min
- 6 button mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 head garlic
- 250 g butter
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, grated
- 1 cup chives, chopped
- 500 g bacon bits
- 1 kg braaied snoek, shredded / 1 aubergine (vegetarian)
- fish massala
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 lemon, sliced
- olive oil (to brush aubergine)
- salt, pepper and dried herb mix (to season aubergine)
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Fry onion in garlic butter.
- Add bacon and cook until golden brown.
- Add bell peppers and small amount snoek.
- Grill mushrooms with butter, then add onion mixture in the opening
- Sprinkle with cheese and chives, allow to melt.
- Rub fish masala onto snoek steaks.
- Melt together butter and jam.
- Baste fish with jam mixture during braaing.
- Serve with lemon slices.
- Slice aubergine and brush with olive oil.
- Rub with salt, black pepper and dried herbs.
- Braai until golden brown.
- Note: Vegetarian option served with mushrooms but no fish or bacon.
- Mash avocado and pipe onto cucumber slices.