Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 80 min
- 500 g frozen chicken livers
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp peri-peri oil
- 1 tbsp mild peri-peri sauce
- 1 tbsp hot peri-peri sauce
- 1 small green chilli, deseeded
- 2 tots cognac brandy
- 1 tbsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 small plain yoghurt
- 8 slices olive ciabatta bread
- Add olive oil to a small, heavy-based pot, on high heat.
- Add thoroughly defrosted chicken livers and allow to cook on high. Turn now and again, allowing outsides to crisp in some areas.
- Add thickly sliced onion, black pepper and thinly sliced chilli. Cook for 2 min.
- Add peri-peri oil, peri-peri sauces and cognac. Turn heat down to simmer.
- Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce reduces and thickens.
- If too spicy, temper heat with plain yoghurt, to taste.