Serves: 4 people
Chicken marinade time: 3 hrs
Meat preparation time: 60 min
Vegetable sides time: 25 min
- 1 pkt (4 pieces) short rib
- 4 large lamb loin chops
- 4 medium chicken thighs
- 1 wooden skewer stick
- 1 tbsp cajun spice of choice
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- pinch cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tin ideal milk
- 250 g salted butter
- 6 tbsp horseradish paste
- 5 small spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 large carrots
- 3-4 tsp raw honey
- 3 tsp brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 tsp oil, coarse salt & black pepper, to sprinkle over
- Combine all marinade ingredients, add chicken and marinade for 3 hrs.
- Place marinaded chicken, ribs and chops in a roasting tray.
- Sprinkle short ribs with 1/2 cajun spice and lamb chops with 1/2 oregano.
- Place in pre-heated oven, 200 C for 20 min. Remove and turn all meat.
- If too much juice in tray, remove excess and spice other side of meat, as before. Return to oven for further 15 min.
- Reduce heat to 180 C, turn again if necessary.
- Meat must be well cooked, with fat popping and sizzling. Serve immediately with vegetable sides.
Vegetable sides - Mash
- Peel potatoes and sweet potatoes and cook in pot of salted water. Remember, sweet potatoes cook faster.
- When potatoes are almost done, add cauliflower.
- Once all veg are soft enough to mash, remove from pot and drain.
- Mash together with all butter and enough ideal milk to your preferred consistency.
- Add horseradish paste, salt and pepper and mash some more.
- Gently mix in chopped spring onion, reserve some to garnish and serve.
Vegetable sides - Carrots
- Top and tail, peel and slice each carrot lengthways into 4's.
- Lightly baste with olive oil, lay in single layer in pan, pour over honey.
- Roast 180 C for 35 min, or until slightly golden and honey begins caramelising.
- Remove and serve.
Vegetable sides - Brussel sprouts
- Halve, toss and lightly baste in olive oil.
- Place cut side down on roasting tray and season with freshly ground coarse salt and black pepper.
- Bake 180 C for 20 min.
- Remove and serve.