• 1 large round country loaf
• 16 slices salami
• 16 slices loaf mozzarella, or 2 sliced balls buffalo-style
• 1 large red pepper, chargrilled, peeled and sliced
• 2 large, ripe tomatoes, sliced
• 100g olives, depipped and chopped
• Handful fresh basil leaves
• Handful rocket leaves
• ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
• ¼ cup (60ml) white balsamic vinegar
• 3 tbsp (45ml) basil pesto
• Salt and milled pepper
- Slice top off bread to create a lid.
- Remove dough, leaving a 3cm layer of dough around the crust.
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together.
- Spread a couple of spoons of vinaigrette over the base of the bread.
- Layer all ingredients, seasoning and drizzling with vinaigrette as you go.
- Top with bread lid.
- Wrap well in cling film.
- Cover with a plate and weigh down with a few cans.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Unwrap, slice and serve.