• 2-3 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil
• 2 tsp (10ml) black mustard seeds
• 1 tsp (5ml) cumin seeds
• 400g blanched green beans
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 3cm knob ginger, grated
• 1 green chilli, finely chopped
• 100g beansprouts, optional
• 1 small red onion, sliced
• Juice of 2 limes, or to taste
• Castor sugar, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok.
- Add seeds and fry until they begin to splutter.
- Add beans, and fry for a few minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, chilli, onion and salt. Fry until beans are tender and slightly shrivelled.
- Add beansprouts, and season to taste with a pinch of sugar and a squeeze of lime.