- 750ml cake flour
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 5ml salt
- 250ml warm water
- 30ml olive oil
- 7½ml sugar
- 4 large pressed garlic cloves
- Extra olive oil
- 15ml sunflower oil
- 1 large red onion
- 125ml feta cheese
- 1 red pepper
- 5ml dried rosemary
- In a large bowl combine 500ml flour, yeast and salt.
- Stir water, oil, sugar and garlic.
- Add to flour.
- Add enough of remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Drizzle olive oil on work bench.
- Knead dough for about 5 minutes, until soft and elastic.
- Add more olive oil as needed. Dough needs to be soft and elastic.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and let it rest to double in size (about 30-45 minutes).
- Whilst dough is resting, make toppings.
- Grease 17cm x 28cm baking pan with olive oil.
- Pat out dough into baking pan.
- Brush with extra olive oil.
- Make indents into dough.
- Push in feta, and sprinkle the onion mix and rosemary evenly.
- Sprinkle salt.
- Cover with tea towel and rest for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with olive oil when baked.
- Thinly slice onion and pepper.
- Heat oil and add onion and pepper.
- Stir occasionally.
- When done, season with salt.
The following recipe was created and written by the accredited contestant of The Great South African Bake Off. BBC Worldwide accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of ingredients, method or content.